Wednesday 24 April 2013

"Its 20! Its High Time!" - DAD


24th April, 2013

HAH!

Same daily routine; College, gym, TV, FB, opening books and dozing off! Same old same old! Only exams are on their way and I have no idea how am I going to manage an 8 pointer.

Anyway this is not what I was supposed to be writing here. The incident took place a few days back. Not a big-big incident but a small dull family discussion for you all. I was just trying to feel all responsible and happy, mature and free, that I am going to turn twenty soon, when dad interrupted in a very serious tone,      “ You will turn twenty but you don’t have knowledge like that of a 20 year old.”


Ouch! That did hurt!

I tried to make a list of things for which I could say I have thorough knowledge about.  Since I am an Indian girl let me begin with Kitchen:

  • Kitchen: ZERO
  • General Knowledge/ Awareness: Almost ZERO
  • Any interests- Cars/Bikes/ Movies-actor, actresses/ Pets:  approximately 10 percent
  • Photography: 50 percent
  • City Knowledge: 20 percent
  • Politics\Indian History: HAHA! Leave.
  • Sports: Tennis ( that too not stable)
  • Gym\Diet Plan: No research done after what the gym trainer told.  (: |)
  • Shopping stores, Brands: I go, I buy. That’s always the story. 

Okay let me not humiliate myself more on this social platform. But you got the point, right?  Pretty bad status, isn’t it? And then I taunt others. I taunt some for not attending college and wasting time. What good has college done to me, haan? I go, wait till lecturer takes the attendance and leaves. That’s what I go there for. I have no idea what instrumentation, what electronics! I don’t know why the current is flowing a particular direction, why the voltage increases, why to change analog to digital, why whatever!      

Yes I blame myself! Obviously! And it’s not that I don’t understand the logic behind the machines my mechanical sir teaches, it’s just that I find myself hardly interested in that greasy area!
Tell me is it my fault? 

*sob sob*

I also tried to read some great book on Indian civilization, how the Aryans came, our origin, then gradually entering into Mughal era; But I stopped it there. Haven’t picked it up yet! And apparently when the touch is lost into something you were already doing out of pressure, the things start to erase from your memory. At least they did from mine.  

NO! NO! I will never say time is the problem. Two years back while I was a PCM student running from school to 4hrs coaching classes to hours of assignment sheets plus the in between tests, I did learn not to blame time if not anything else. Yes my love for a good sound sleep has never ever stopped…but! Anyway…

Isn’t it such a sorry state? Being in the world where information about anything and everything is just a click away, I am living in pure ignorance. I am feeling bad really bad. I do hope this spark of interest in me doesn't go off with a blink like always; indeed it shall stay and become stronger with time.

Deeply in thought,
Pakhi

PS: Well just for info is it just my story? Or you there (pointing majorly towards the girl half) lie almost in the same situation? 

6 comments:

  1. Well, same sentiments !!
    And I love this blog, the tag, the name and you! :*
    You have got a follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah! Thank you sakshi! I will try and read yours *regularly*. As said earlier, not an active blogger :) But thanks a lot!

      Delete
  2. Quite Melodramatic (Like any other girl!) :P But well written (A few glitches though)! Clap-Clap :D
    On your current state : Wow! You manage an 8 pointer all the time! Incredible!
    My thought : While keeping up the good work in Academics, search for your passion(I believe its Photography!) & give it all the time you have.

    Good Luck!

    P.S. : Daughters never grow up for their Dads! So just Chill! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in 4th semester and its not been all the time :P so let me be clear from the start! :)
      At melodramatic HAHA! well well true for any other girl ;)
      And yes i am thinking of going in the same. Its a lot vague field so it becomes pretty hard to mollify parents as well as my kaccha dil whether i will be able to stand on my own or not.
      you know? (melodramatic again, i guess :P )

      Delete
    2. Haha :)
      Solution : "While keeping up the good work in Academics, search for your passion(I believe its Photography!) & give it all the time you have."
      The former keep your parents Happy and the latter makes you feel One! So go for it :)

      P.S. I am no gr8 at doing all this either. I have screwed up my academics terribly... But quite a few things, I have learnt here is to take risks and make peace with my failures... In the end it all makes me feel happy:)
      Not going for your passion is a serious CRIME to yourself!
      btw : I too have fallen into 4th sem (God knows how!!) ... Midsems/internal/external etc.. etc.. buzzing just over me and M clueless :D

      Delete
    3. Read my next entry :) It kind of sounds like your reply!

      Delete