Friday 26 October 2012

from saali to jiju...

It was jijus first birthday as my sisters husband and i just couldn't be more grateful to this person who has kept her past so safe and made her present so beautiful... 
Here is a letter i wrote to him.

Happy Birth Day!

Jijaji, Jiju, J!!! I thought of many names! I would practice saying it loud. I found it so funny, the way it is pronounced. Although took time but phew; finally got comfortable with the word as well as the person! A new member in the family, a new guardian for didi, a new relationship, it was all so new! But jiju we are glad you are there!
I really respect you for how you took all her problems as yours. How patiently you have helped her get over her mood swings. Of course at times she gets all fidgety and nervous and irritated but I am glad you are there for her. It took you no time to win our hearts; I see the glitter in moms and dads eyes when they watch their daughter so happily married!
We all love you for being you. So simple and planned! So full of energy and liveliness! Although didi is an unbeatable chatterbox and loud speaker, haha, we all love how light you make the atmosphere look. I always feared if she would get married to a family where they followed all customs and traditions, where aunties and uncles are strict and whenever I meet her I would be required to touch their feet and sit poker faced. But naah! It was such a delight to see what a zippy and peppy family she got married into.  What a loving and caring husband she got, just as she wanted.
Thank you for keeping her so happy and safe. Jiju (haha, look how comfortably I say it now) we are glad to have you as a part of her and our family! A very happy birthday once again!


pakhi

No comments:

Post a Comment