Friday 11 December 2015

From August to December

PART 1


Mission: Completing this write up in one go. Which is definitely an impossible task considering the number of obstacles that are going to come in between this word document and Me. Sleep being the top most of all the other reasons which include it’s choti diwali and guests have been invited by my super social mom, a little decoration and helping mom with the kitchen, sleep again, calls and editing work. Phew. So what’s been in my life lately that I have no time to update my Fb account leave aside the Page? What’s keeping me occupied so badly that I have no time to upload pictures on Instagram or to blog short entries?

Believe me I don’t feel good about it either. I have always loved sharing my life on social networking sites, that’s what I like to do on Fb too, STALK. The different souls that I am blessed to have in my friend list, I love to see their life, their sense of dress up, their ways to celebrate, random witty wall posts, inspiring status messages and of course the thousands of pictures these sites are flooded with on daily basis.

Allow me to quickly sum up my life. What’s my definition of quickly? Well… Let’s go back to 8th of August; 2015.Turing 22 was as gloomy as any other birthday. Those illogical expectations that build up inside you, that over sensitive make up you automatically wear because hey it’s your special day and anything and everything should make you cry, blowing out the candles and realising you are getting old, giving treats to friends for benefits and crying where all your real friends have vanished; You finally find yourself in that adult phase and damn it you wanted someone by now. You are done with college and your close and dear ones are leaving the town or country for higher studies/ jobs. Tsk Tsk. Again a genuine reason to cry. *Your potential boyfriend might also leave, the world is falling apart; I don’t want to live anymore,* this was me on the 8th day of the August month, the only thing that could excite me then was the packing that was left for my first international tour.

Before I jump to September 2nd when I was leaving for Malaysia-Singapore Solo trip, I will give you a small advice. If you are falling for someone be open about it. If you cry for equality, then being a man or woman doesn’t matter, just do it, just say it, let them see your precious heart. Who knows something beautiful might happen. Don’t ever be in a state of ‘what if’. Yes! Yes! *Hint Hint*Passport got its first stamp as I entered Malaysia; not that I wouldn’t have ever got the opportunity to travel overseas; but traveling on your own money is something totally different. Entering a different culture, interaction with this culturally apart bunch of people and being in awe with everything and anything. That moment I decided, I am not giving up travelling at any cost. I don’t want big home, I don’t want many clothes, but I want lots of stamps on my passport and pictures of me and by me from every corner of the world. After covering the wedding in Malaysia I was set for Singapore never knowing I made a special friend back there. The actual solo journey had begun. Endless aimless walking, interaction with strangers from Indonesia to Japan, Scotland and those cute Koreans. The very first day I was perplexed if I was actually enjoying the soloness or was it because it was a cool concept, I wanted to enjoy it. It took me a day to adjust with the idea of being alone in a foreign land, took me a day to understand that this is one life time opportunity, took me day to fall in love with it and yes it has literally evolved me. I am much more satisfied with life and people in it. I am happy with or without company. I know I can interact and gel with people. I know my life or I myself attract and inspire people.  As I am being exposed to ocean of different individuals, my opinions about many things have changed.  I don’t judge souls anymore on the basis of what they practice. Not that I will change myself but I learnt that there is nothing right or wrong; there is always a story attached. I know though which folks I will be genuinely interested in a conversation with and with whom I will prefer to stay away, maybe alone.

After coming back to India, the first thing I did was to drop the TCS offer. I didn’t join. Eighteenth September when I was supposed to be at the Guwahati Centre, I began with photography as a full time profession. It’s going great till now. *touching wood everywhere.*and yep it is exactly where I have been busy at. Few days back I got to meet that one person I have always wanted to meet in person. My catalyst. That one person who comes at that right age to show you the right direction.You take it or not, it’s up to you. One more thing was ticked off from my bucket list.

Today it’s 11th of Dec and I am chilling in Delhi winters; why? To watch Nadal v/s Federer Damn it! Can I thank god anymore? I love this life. And yes I will say it again, I believe in the power of secret. I do. 
Signing out from this old write up from my cousins flat in Delhi where I saw a little bit of the corporate culture ‘fun’ today and realized may be there might be many foes at this age, but all of us be it friends or jealous buddies, share this pact that what happens in flat and room stays there. There is no leakage to families involved. I laughed to myself as voices of many uncles and aunties echoed in my ears as they talked about their children’s safe locality and well-furnished flats and friendly roommates to my parents. More from me to come, hopefully soon; something on the topic as bold as love…



Pakhi
   


No comments:

Post a Comment